Since I was having a spot of trouble with the SlimRoms 6.0 rom, I decided to give AOKP 6.0 a quick and dirty try. After syncing the source and adding the vendor/device trees, I gave it a whirl. Here was the first failure output to my terminal.
target Pack Relocations: camera.msm8960 (/home/alaskalinuxuser/Documents/projects/phones/compile/aokp6/out/target/product/jfltetmo/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/camera.msm8960_intermediates/PACKED/camera.msm8960.so)
INFO: Compaction : 0 bytes
INFO: Too few relocations to pack after alignment
target Symbolic: libexternal (/home/alaskalinuxuser/Documents/projects/phones/compile/aokp6/out/target/product/jfltetmo/symbols/system/lib/libexternal.so)
target Symbolic: libvirtual (/home/alaskalinuxuser/Documents/projects/phones/compile/aokp6/out/target/product/jfltetmo/symbols/system/lib/libvirtual.so)
target Symbolic: libRSCpuRef (/home/alaskalinuxuser/Documents/projects/phones/compile/aokp6/out/target/product/jfltetmo/symbols/system/lib/libRSCpuRef.so)
—– Making recovery image ——
+/home/alaskalinuxuser/Documents/projects/phones/compile/aokp6/out/target/product/jfltetmo/recovery.img maxsize=10543104 blocksize=135168 total=10633216 reserve=270336
error: +/home/alaskalinuxuser/Documents/projects/phones/compile/aokp6/out/target/product/jfltetmo/recovery.img too large (10633216 > [10813440 – 270336])
make: *** [/home/alaskalinuxuser/Documents/projects/phones/compile/aokp6/out/target/product/jfltetmo/recovery.img] Error 1
make: *** Deleting file `/home/alaskalinuxuser/Documents/projects/phones/compile/aokp6/out/target/product/jfltetmo/recovery.img’
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs….
make: Leaving directory `/home/alaskalinuxuser/Documents/projects/phones/compile/aokp6′
#### make failed to build some targets (09:11:54 (hh:mm:ss)) ####
This was actually strange and encouraging. The entire build ran up to the point of making the recovery image. The issue was that the recovery image was bigger than the recovery space available. Seems odd to me, but I am not overly concerned with it. The main reason that this issue does not cause me concern is that none of the builds I am making actually include the recovery image in the zip file that is built. So, I edited device/samsung/jf-common/BoardConfig.mk to have a “larger” recovery drive, since the recovery image would not actually be loaded in the rom. Another option is to comment out the recovery size altogether, giving the compiler permission to make a recover image as large as it would like to.
Linux – Keep it simple.