Now that Oreo is out, I needed to go through my apps and make adjustments and updates for the new platform. One of the biggest problems I found was that of the KPPD Control app.
For some reason, assets in the asset folder are not transferring with the apk. I fiddled with this for a while, but became so frustrated that I eventually gave up. Instead, I moved the kppd file to the /res/raw folder. The difference is, the asset folder is copied to the drive, while the raw files are hidden in the app, I think. Either way, it worked great!
You can check out the commit here: https://github.com/alaskalinuxuser/app_kppdcontrol/commit/7a781de16ddbbd047f743b7d0153e7a42867fbc4
And I have updated the Play Store, as well as posting the new apk on GitHub.
Linux – keep it simple.