He was right.
I typically use this for typing grocery lists, and things that don’t turn out to be complete sentences. So I noticed, but it didn’t really matter to me. I realize that others may use it differently, so I wanted to fix this.
So I did.
You can check out the commit here, where I updated to the target api of 26 (per Google’s requirements to be listed on the Play Store now – *sigh*) and changed the text field type. Here is the only thing that actually changed in my app, from this:
And that’s it. That makes it work with auto correct, auto complete, and to capitalize sentences!
Linux – keep it simple.